Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Gathers New Site SKYWORD| Gather Shutting Down?

Gather has launched a new site called Skyword. It's like an interface that helps join writers to other companies to write on specific topics. It's site reads something like "skilled freelance writers, from experts like doctors or investment advisors to people with practical life experience like stay-at-home moms" can become Skywriters.

So is Gather as we know it shutting down?


There has been no formal announcement yet. But the end seems to be anticipated.

I was first hit with the thought of Gather maybe closing when I came upon a thread of discussion here, on 12-15-2010. And I was like, "OMG." I hadn't heard anything of it, until reading those comments.

Seems Gather is moving on to big & better things (Skyword) and this site is probably not gonna continue as it is. Whether that means changing or closing is anyone's guess. For now, with no formal announcement on the matter, we are all left in limbo. Although while checking out Skyword, i was reading the About the Team section and saw that Tom Gerace had written this, "Gather remains an owned-and-operated property of Skyword Inc."

So take that however you may. Remains? As in how long is what I am thinking.

What site will you turn most of your "Gather Time" to if Gather does close? Will you consider checking out the new SKYWORD to become a "skywriter?"

Until reading Gather.com- The Elephant in the Room, I never really thought of Gather as a site being full of rubbish & spam. As described by Praveen Deepak.

Check it out. I found a link to that page in Kevin's comment section. Thanks Darren ("Site Psychologist ") Lynn, for posting that link for all of us to check out. I'd never really given Gather much thought until reading that. It gives you a bit to think about, that's for sure.

Do you think Gather is full of rubbish and spam?
In my eyes, I love it. So I guess it's view lies within the eyes of the lookers. Make it or take it as you will. Gather is and has been my favorite online forum since I ran into it many years ago. And I think it will continue to be, that is, if they get their servers back up and going. lol.

Are you going to sign up for Skyword?

PS. Friends & Comment Club members, I've not been around much past few days because my husband is taking a few days off from work! YAY! And I am getting to see him a lot & loving it :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!