Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Backgrounds for Groups

I just wanted to share this because somewhere today I read someone asking on a post. I constantly update the background of my Comments Club. And heres where I get them, MyCuteGraphics.


I like that site because first off, they are free to use and have 19 various catagories for just backgrounds. They are already sized down to a "tileable" size. Which makes them come out usually looking good when they are tiled on a large size, such as the background of the clubs. Just look for the ones that all the edges appear as though they'd match up like a puzzle, if laid together. Keep that in mind.


They also have a catagory for images & clipart too. So check them out as you can insert HTML boxes into your groups pages to. It gives it the customized look. And is great for adding holiday graphics to your groups homepage.


Need help installing these to your groups background?


This is how I do it. First, I visit MyCuteGraphics and find the image I want. Then I right click on it, click "save as," and choose desktop as location. So it's easy to find later.


Then simply go to your group home page, click on the link to the left that says "group layout." Then on the next page, towards to top, on the left, click on the words "group appearance."




Next, scroll down to the bottom on that page to where you see "Upload a group background."


If you have a background already in use, simply hit "remove background." If you don't then don't mind that part.


Ok, now you want to hit "change background."




After clicking it, you will get a window's pop-up that wants you to find your saved pic. If you did like I advised, you will find it on your desktop (or location you chose when saving it to you pc.) Then one you've located it, simply hit the button that says "open."


And wait for Gather to do the upload. It may show a few words that says, upload complete or processing photo. Once that is complete, don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the "SAVE Changes" button.


Then just click on your group home button to view what your new background looks like.


I hope this helps a little bit. I know there's probably easier and better ways to do this, and way better instructions out there to help. But this is how I figured it out and wanted to pass it along to those who need it.


You can see my background for the Comments Club by clicking here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!