Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

How Much Does Your Turkey Weigh?

Well, after days of saying I was not gonna do it....I did! I went ahead and purchased everything needed to make a Thanksgiving feast. And it was a last minute decision.


I was out shopping tonight for a new outfit for dinner with my husbands' family tomorrow. When he said that turkeys were everywhere on sale. I then asked him if that meant he was hinting for me to cook one. And replied with, "O no, not unless you want to."


Then I was like, "okay, lets go get some things and I'll cook dinner." Because I could tell he really wanted a dinner at home also. He always has dinner at his mom's house around 3pm. But he does like leftover alot!


So anyways, we make our own paths through the overly crowded aisles of the food center in WalMart. I ended up buying a Honey Suckle White hen turkey that weighed 11.93 pounds. It cost $.78 per pound, totally it out to $9.31. It has the pop up timer also, so I guess that was a good deal. I dunno really, cause the crowd was so huge, I didn't have time to really compare prices. Mostly what I went on was that the Honey Suckle White brand was the only ones that were not frozen. So being since this was my last minute decision, that was great!


After picking out the turkey, I then had to wander all the aisles looking for sides. It turned out to be a two hour affair. But I am sure we will enjoy it tomorrow! Whatever time I get around to it.


Since we all here at Gather are dots on the map everywhere, I thought this would be fun. Let's do a comparison of turkey sizes and prices in our locations. Just to see if there are major or minor differences.


How much does your turkey weigh this year?


Mine is 11.93 punds @ $0.78/per pound = Total Price $9.31

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!