Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Peddlers Mall Booth

As an avid auction goer, yard saler and bargain hunter, one of my favorite places to shop is at the Peddlers Mall.

What is a Peddlers Mall?

If you are not familiar with a Peddlers Mall it is basically an old building, usually an out of date Wal-Mart building, that has been revamped into a flea market type store. Within the last 11 years they have grown to 20 retail locations mostly which are within Kentucky and Indiana.

This store is very unique and different from a flea market because each vendor does not need to stay with their booth in order for sales to occur. Customers roam the store, make their selections and pay for their entire order all at the front counters. Each item in the store is marked separately by each vendors' tag. And so the cashiers take extra care, reading each tag and so on, to ensure sales are correct.

Then vendors are paid once a month for their booth sales, minus the booth rent, which is usually around $120 each, and a mere 4% sales fee. I believe. I'll have to recheck that.


A Look Inside the Store

The store itself is very unique. Every ten feet or so, you are presented with booths of various vendors. You see, each booth is rented out separately, so everyone's items vary in detail greatly. You never know what you will find. One vendor may offer antiques while the booth next to it may offer Nascar items. You just never know what you will find. The categories are endless.







Peddlers Mall in Morehead, KY

Our local Peddlers Mall is wonderful. It is located in Morehead, KY. I've been to a lot of them, but this particular one is awesome. I even have my own booth in which I sell the primitive furniture and decorating accessories I make. If you've been connected to me here, I'm sure you've seen some of my posts about re-doing furniture in the primitive style. If not, here's a link.





The aisles are always clean. The individual booths, most of them (99%), are very well kept. The workers are very friendly and accommodating. Overall, it is just a wonderful, thrifty shopping experience. Makes the hunt for treasures all the more fun. Not to mention how much money you save rather than shopping retail!





Do you have a Peddlers Mall close to you?

If you don't have a Peddlers Mall close, you can always shop their shelves online here.




List of store locations


More photos of my own booth, Booth #555













0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!