Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Red & White Granitwear | Remembering Days Gone By

Along with starting to collect aluminum items, I also enjoy the look of Red & White Granitwear. This is a pic of one of my open shelves where I display a few pieces. I dunno, the look of red and white, I believe, just belong in the kitchen.


The colors remind me of old days gone by when visiting with my Grandmother, whom we called GrandMammy. And so she insisted everyone, even strangers call her that too. Anyways, she had splashes of red in her meager kitchen which were on mainly dishcloths and lots of aluminum cookwear. She was very basic by all means. Only the simpliest items did she own. Both because she was wife to a tobacco farmer with a low income, and because she didn't really want for anything fancy.


I can remember her on various occassions getting read to "go to town" as she said, after the tobacco sales were in. And they bought only what was needed. What they did have, was actually used on a daily basis for survival. Back in those days, it seemed you were happy to just simply put food on the table and take care of the family.


Nowadays, I don't know where that has all went, but we do live in a material world. Makes me kinda sad looking around. If my Grandmammy were here today, I'm sure she'd hate 90% of the items I have, as I never really use them.


What do you remember greatly of your Grandparents kitchen?


Red and White Granitwear

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!