Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Banana Cream Supreme


Banana Cream Supreme

After eating dinner at my Aunt Wilma's house Monday, I now know what dessert I am making for my husband's family on Thanksgiving. She had a variety of pies and cakes for us to choose from, but my eye was quickly drawn to a creamy looking, banana pie, topped with chopped pecans. YUM!


My eyes didn't lie. I loved it. It had a graham cracker crust, slices of bananas, and a hint of sour cream mixed with cool whip which all came together in the best possible way.


So banana cream supreme, my friends, is what I will be making for a dessert for Thanksgiving. I don't have a photo to post, but I will snap one later of the one I make.


Heres the recipe, found at AllRecipes if anyone's tastebuds are tempted!


Ingredients

  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs

  • 1/2 cup melted butter

  • 1/4 cup white sugar

  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

  • 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix

  • 1 cup sour cream

  • 3 bananas, sliced



Directions


  1. In a medium bowl, combine crackers, butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch pan.

  2. In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding and sour cream; whisk together. Put half of this mixture into crust. Layer sliced bananas over top of pie. Pour second half of pudding mixture over top of bananas.

  3. Immediately cover and refrigerate pie for one hour.



CLICK HERE to view the photo of the Banana Cream Supreme

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!