Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Banana Split Ice Cream Pie

I wrote a post and mentioned this pie in it last week. A few of you asked of the recipe, but I didn't know it until today. As my sister in law always made it for Thanksgiving, and I'd never asked. lol. I never had time cause I was too busy eating it. lol.

Here's the recipe for the Banana Split Ice Cream Pie, as stated on AllRecipes.

Ingredients
1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
2 bananas, sliced
1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup maraschino cherries (optional)
Directions
Mix cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine. Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
Arrange bananas over bottom of crust. Spread ice cream in an even layer over bananas. Top with drained pineapple. Whip the cream and spread over top. Sprinkle with nuts.
Place pie in freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Makes 8 servings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!