Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Around My House | 2011

Every year, I try to keep a theme for my Christmas tree. But this year something happened... I went wild with the bags and bags of ornaments I had in the closet. I started my tree colors out in a soft gold and soft red only. With white lights as the main (cause their made in the tree) and threw on a strand of red to make it match. Started putting up red and gold balls and ornaments then the tree topped, also red, and a red poinsettia under it, then before I knew it, I had on gobs of every color ornament all over the place. lol.
So, there for a minute, I actually thought about taking them all back down and starting over, but there was just too many. And so I left them alone and finally realized that without a theme, it's actually pretty cute. But next year I have my mind set already... It's gonna be a soft white and blue.(I picked out the tree topped for next year today, blue & white.)


Here's some random photos, below, from around my house this year for Christmas. I got the idea for this post from a fellow Gather, Adelaide. She had a great post on her blog,




Below is the fireplace mantel I asked my husband to build to go around the great stove I found at the flea market last week, here's that post. He got it done, but I haven't painted it yet or added any embellishments. But had to hurry up and get some things on it for Christmas, as I couldn't wait. lol.



Here below is a wreath I made last night. I saw in one of Adelaide's pictures that some had the cute xmas balls on them. So I tried to make one but I need some more smaller, red balls to really finish it up. And I also decided to make it on a grapevine wreath instead of the traditional green ones, just to fit with our house's primitive theme.







Below is a pic of lights on my garden trellis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!