Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Candy Canes


Wikipedia states that the first mention of candy canes in association with Christmas was in 1874. But yet dating back in 1844, there had been published a recipe for the straight peppermint candy sticks that we now know as the "old fashioned" types.

Some years I do hang the candy canes on our tree, it just depends what that year's theme is. This year they wouldn't fit in, so I didn't. But I do still buy them and hang them from a Christmas themed jar (see photo) right by the entry. People can grab them as they come and go. My favorite flavored candy canes are the ones made after popular candy, such as Smarties, Dum Dum and Jelly Beans.

Do you have a favorite candy cane flavor, or is it the original you love?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!