Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Tree Ornaments


This year I loaded down our tree with almost all of the ornaments we've gathered over the years. Including those from our ornament giving tradition, (click here to read more on that.) So I just wanted to take a closer look at the tree and share some pics of the ornaments for todays post.

The first four ornaments below were all gifts from my sister-in-laws from Christmas's gone by. I just adore them.



Here's one, below, of my absolute favorite soft white, glass ornaments. I just love the glow it gives off when a light is directly behind it. It's not an older ornament on the tree, but it was bought at a flea market, well a box of 4, for only $1.50 and they are older. The box looked like from the early 80's or so.








Oh, here's one,below, of my husbands old Hotwheels Car Ornaments. I think, without going down and looking, it had a date of the late 1970's stamped on it. He has two of these. One year I had him a tree fixed up of only guy-type ornaments. It was kinda cute. We saved this one out of an action box years ago and he has held onto it ever since. I'm guessing we've had it now for about 11 years or so.





Below, if you look closely, is Santa's outfit hanging up on a clothes hanger. lol. I bought it at the local Peddlers Mall just last week.




Here's an old ornament we've had around for years. I won an auction lot box that had vintage Christmas ornaments in it and in the mix I found this cute wooden one. It has 1976 engraved in his hat, which isn't at all a significant number to me, but I just had to keep it. Well, it kinda is, as I think maybe my older brother was born in 1976.







That's just a handful, but the camera wasn't focusing just right on the last few so I gave up for now. lol. Was probably just some of the flashing Christmas lights causing interference, but not for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!