Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chestnuts & Gum Balls


After recently reading a post titled: Tinfoil,Cigarettes,Sweet Gum Balls and Christmas Trees from Ms Lee P., I remembered also having the tree in my backyard. So I went out to gather some for a decoration project that was stemmed from ideas posted in her comments section on the post.

Well, when I went out to gather some, I soon realized I was after the wrong things. They weren't balls from a Gum tree rather they are alot larger and way more pointy. They actually hurt when trying to gather them up. I believe they might be chestnuts from a Chestnut tree. I have seen alot of deer in our backyard, so maybe it's these that they are after. Because they actually have nuts inside them.

Here's a pic of the chestnuts (the large ones above) beside a gum ball (the smaller one with a stem). Wow , what a difference.

Has anyone ever roasted thier own chestnuts over an open fire?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!