Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Gather.com | Earn Free Giftcards


On average, I have a total of about 5 websites that I try to visit daily. In no particular order they are eBay (omg, shop-a-hollic!), Gather, Piepoints, Blogger, and of course, trusty ole' YahooMail!
I found Gather by chance. I was surfing a few links on Piepoints, and ran across an entry by a fellow piepointer. That entry was one of her Gather posts. I hadn't ever heard of Gather before so I clicked on it and began to read. It was somewhat interesting. It appeared to be a website devoted to lettting it's users write up the content of the website. In other words, each user can post whatever they want and it gets viewed by everyone. Not just by the fellow Gather members. And the bonus kick to posting at Gather? Listen up, (just in case your starting to drift away), Gather actually gives back to it's members. It rewards them for posting content by giving away gift cards and paypal. Whatever the topic you post, or say photos, they all rely on views. Gather makes money from the "views" as we all know, due to ads placed variously throughout the site. But Gather isn't greedy. It shares part of its revenue with it's fellow members.
I've only been an active member for almost a month, so I don't really have the point system down. But I can tell you this much by checking out their Gather points offer page. For every 625 points you get, that equals out to $10.00. And the $10.00 ranking is all gift cards to choose from. Then at the next level of 1565 points, you can opt to cash out $25.00 with paypal. Then at 3125 points you can grab up the $50.oo paypal cashout. And as of today, the highest option is 6250 points, which you can cash out to paypal for $100.00.
Please note, I listed mostly paypal cashouts, but there is alot to choose from on their Gather Points Redemption page. It ranges from gift cards to CVS Stores, Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks Coffee, Macy's, Borders, Pretty Good Goods, Amazon.com, Target, Omaha Steaks, The Home Depot, My Wines Direct and much more.
My most favorite is the CVS gift cards because I sooooo love the "As seen on t.v." products they have. And you know those commericals make you think you have to have them? Well, I have to have them! And so, I tend to get them for free, simply by posting to gather.

*Interesting Facts*
I did a little digging and found out that:

www.gather.com Estimated Worth $774,895 USD.

It gets 353016 daily pageviews on average.

And it rakes in about $1061.50 just from daily ads revenue.

At least they give back a lil to their users!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!