Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Funny Nicknames....How to get a unique username.

Funny Nicknames and how to get a unique username.


Funny Nicknames are everywhere. We got them early in our childhood from others and nowadays we have online nicknames. What's yours? Or list a funny one you've saw online.


My most used online nickname is: jelliedkey. Over the years I have used various versions for differnet sites I've joined, but mostly the whole name has stuck with me.


What does jelliedkey mean? I have no idea even if it has a real meaning or is a real word. In my dictionary it mean jellie that has been dripped on a keyboard. And here's how I came up with it.


I was installing the poker program, Pokerstars on my pc way back around 2002 or so, and up came the screen that said to input a unique username. Every name I tried was taken! I was getting mad. I was also having a latenight snack of peanut butter and jelly (strawberry jelly!) Well, while I was sitting there staring at the screen and taking a bit or two, a big ole' drip of jelly wend down in between the keys on my keyboard! GRRRrrrrr. I turned to my husband and said something like, "great, now I got jelly keys." And he in turn said, "hey, that would be a good name, try jellykeys." And believe it or not, that name was taken. Well, I rambled on and added the ie, instead of the y and then the d, and so on, and finally there I had it. A unique username: jelliedkey!



Jelliedkey, My Unique Username

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!