Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Growing My Own Garden Food

















I love trying my hand at growing things. Note that I said "trying." lol.

Above is a photo of my garden back in 2008. I only had a couple rows of each vegetable. Since only two in my home, we only really grow what we can use. And we always end up giving a bunch out to family and friends. I soooo love cabbage, but my cabbage heads were taken over by some kind of bugs. But the corn on the cob was Delicious!

UPDATE:

Summer of 2009 proved not so well, that's why I have no pics from it. lol.

Summer 2010.... I don't remember trying....But know I grew something.... Musta been small....

Summer 2011....I think I only grew tomatoes....and green onions...

Summer 2012 I hit it full force with my own green house and specialty seeds ordered from growers in neighboring states. Then I transferred the plants out into my little ole' garden.

I planted tomatoes, corn, green onions, lettuce, gourds, and something else... Oh yea... STRAWBERRIES! LOVE THEM!
It still proved to be a not so great year. The only thing I grew lots of was tomatoes. By the way, I love the "L-crop" kind. If you haven't heard of it, do look it up and give it a try.

Here's some of my tomatoes from the 2012 season:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!