Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

US SCHOOLS BAN CHINESE CHICKEN


You may remember me sharing with you a while back about me signing a petition on Change.org. It was a petition to help keep Chinese processed chicken out of the USA school lunch program.

Well, great news. We won!

After 328,975 supporters like me and you helped by signing this petition, Congress took note and even President Obama stepped in. Now finally there is a law in place to keep the Chinese processed chicken out of our school lunch programs.

I can't help to keep thinking about how recently there was an outbreak of pets dieing after eating Chinese imported dog treats. Remember that? Over 600 pets died and 3,600 were confirmed sick from eating the treats. Even my dog showed signs of being sick after eating the ones from WalMart that were later recalled. And that makes me worry even more about the imported possibility of food for us humans to eat.

Of course there are still many factors we face when stopping all the food scares even here in the States. I have signed many other petitions helping with those here as well. And I hope you all will look into some of them found on the Change.org site as well. Every signature counts! You never really think that just one more will help but it does. Just remember this one that we have won about the Chinese imported chicken for our school lunches when you think back.

If you missed the petition and info I shared you can find it here on the Change.org site: https://www.change.org/p/congress-keep-chinese-chicken-out-of-our-schools-and-supermarkets
 
+China +Chinesechicken +LunchProgram +USASCHOOLS +Schools +Food +FoodSafety

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!