Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ashely Judd to Star in KY State Senate Race

Would You Vote for Judd?


Hollywood actress, Ashley Judd, 44, is about to embark on her next major roll as Kentucky State Senate. The Kentucky native, reportedly is putting on her boots and gearing up to hit the stomping ground in Kentucky. There she is said to challenge Senate Minority Leader, Mitch McConnel in the 2014 election.

At first glance this seems to be a farfetched role on Judd's part. If you live outside of Kentucky I'm sure you'd think she's just blowing smoke into the wind. Yet here in eastern Kentucky, where I reside, she's already gaining a great following.

Kentuckians, despite being behind in the times, sure are faithful. And by that I mean they stay true to their roots. They also love their UK Wildcats. Voters won't be casting the ballots based on Judd's master's degree from Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Nor will her world travels to help those in need scoop up the votes. Kentuckians will be voting based solely on their love of their homeland and the Cats. As long as Judd keeps attending the games, I predict she'll win by a landslide.

Being a Democrat from Salt Lick, Kentucky, you may wonder where my vote will go. As of right now, if she runs, I will openly support Judd. I have to admit however, I would vote for anyone opposite McConnel. I cannot believe he's made it this long, holding the record for Kentucky State Senator. I for one, think it's time for him to go. And hopefully, Judd will be holding open the door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!