Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Area for BBQ

Since Gather is giving me a hassle at uploading any pic today, on my article there, I did so here. It keeps telling me I need to install missing plugins. I've clicked the button and did so, but nothing changes. I sure hope it's a glitch today. I've always been able to upload there, well, with some occasional trouble.

So to go along with my article for Gather, included at the bottom is a pic of the area. Here's also the Gather article, in case it goes *poof* when I try to post it.



"Yesterday, we were spending the absolutely wonderful 68* day outside. We're clearing out a new spot on our property specifically for a bar-b-q/picnic area. We live way out in the country and love it! And even now and then we go camping. And at those camping spots, I've always loved the picnic areas. So I kinda want to re-make one here.
With us doing all the work, it's not gonna cost anything except for a new table. This time a wooden one. Since a recent storm decided to flip mine up in the air and break the glass. Even with it being secured with one of those heavy metal bases under the umbrella! And sadly I just bought that table about 6 months ago on sale at Big Lots with my 20% discount I'd worked for....

Till now, we've always used the side deck, but it doesn't hold many people. And in the summertime, my husbands family loves to join in on the cookouts and sit around a fire pit. So, we have finally decided to go forward with this. Hard work now will definitely pay off later.

I already can't wait. Last year at a moving sale in our area, I bought some vintage style metal chairs. They are a pale yellow and apparently had been forever. As the guy told me, (in his 60's) that they belonged to his late mom who had them yellow forever.

I love older stuff. And I am definitely gonna keep them around for the picnic area.
I too, love to eat. And love love love on the grill turkey burgers and turkey dogs. My husbands' favorite of course, like most men, is steak on the grill.

Do you bbq or grill out in the summer? If so, what's your favorite grilled food?"



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!