Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

I Hate AUTO-RENEWALS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


NO! THANK YOU---For reminding me to turn off Auto-Renew!



What Happened?


Have you ever been in a great mood only to open your email and see an unexpected message like, "Order Confirmation #999999 (Automatic Renewal) Thank You for your Payment!"


And you didn't even mean to send them a payment. But you did so because at some point in time, when you signed up for this product/service you thought it would be a good idea? But turns out it wasn't and you have never even been back to the site since? UGHHH!


I just hate this. And to beat it all off, this is the third one this week that I have gotten like this. I do like to dabble in website design and love to purchase my own domains to play around with. But I, too often like many out there, forget to go and turn off (or uncheck) the auto-renewal option.


That little mistakes costs people like me a lot of money. Even though just three of them this week, that's over $30.00 in auto renewal charges for a product/service that I don't even use. So this is definately a waste of money.



What I Done


I immediately went and logged into my account. I de-activated my auto-renewal choice. And then I took it a step farther. Just to be safe. I then went into my payments information account and de-activated all of my save types of payments, ie: credit card information and PayPal account information.


Need Help? Heres How to Cancel Godaddy's Domain Auto-Renewal



Note: I would like to advise you, as of today, the Auto Renewal feature at Blogger is not working correctly for me. Each time I choose to turn it off (un-checkmark it) I hit save and it immediately re-checks auto-renew again. It is frustrating. I am going to email the customer help. Something is not right. And when I "Googled" my concerns, I also found others having the same problem.


But on GoDaddy, it is very simple and is working. As I just completed the cancelation of auto-renewal of all domains I have there. Simple.


Need Help? Visit HOW TO CANCEL BLOGGER AUTO RENEW





Lesson Learned!


One for your books! So here's a little piece of advice:


TO SAVE MONEY, MAKE SURE YOUR AUTO-RENEWAL AGREEMENTS ARE OFF OR UP TO DATE ON THE WEBSITES YOU USE or USE TO USE. Think hard, as I didn't even remember I had the other two I got charged for this week. lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!