Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

eBay Announcements | New Photo Rules


Are you an eBay seller? I am and have been for years. My seller name is CheapBlondeGirl http://myworld.ebay.com/cheapblondegirl/. I sell mainly vintage games and gaming consoles. And from time to time, the left overs of my craft supplies from my crafting blog http://booth555.com. But when auction fever strikes me and I buy boxes of stuff at estate sales, you never know what my listings will contain.

If you too are a seller, you may want to take note of their new picture quality requirements. This will be implemented in new and previous posts that are still up. Seems they are aiming at better photo requirements for those who view eBay through a mobile device. In which the screens are much smaller than the computer monitor. I understand this and think it's a great idea. As I too, am a frequent shopper on my cell phone from time to time.

New rules are as follows.
-The longest side of each photo must be at least 500 pixels
-No borders allowed around photo
-Photos must be free of added artwork and text. Meaning strictly the item itself in the photo. No photoshoping.
-And when listing any item other than books, movies, music, and video games you now cannot use the stock photo that eBay supplies as your main photo.

So if you are an eBay seller, please check your current listings. As eBay sent out this notice back in late 2012 but they are going to be enforced at the beginning of July 2013. I'm sure eBay won't ban you from selling for one mistake. But with the giant company, who really knows. It's best to comply with all rules as fast as you can. This way we steer clear of any rule breaking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!